Because we know visits from family and friends will help you recover, your guests are welcome.
However, since rest is also an important part of your treatment, we must monitor visits so that they do not interfere with your rest and treatment.
You and your visitors can help by becoming familiar with the hospital's visiting rules:
- Visits should be brief and should not disturb other patients
- Visitors should talk quietly
- Anyone with a cold, sore throat, fever, or communicable illness should not visit
- Children, under 12 years of age, may visit when accompanied by an adult
- It is best to leave younger children at home or in the lobby with a relative or friend
- MedWest-Swain is a smoke-free, weapons-free and alcohol-free facility, therefore none of these activities are allowed within the hospital or on campus.
Visitors may park in any of the designated parking areas around the hospital campus. We ask that you do not park in reserved parking areas, which are clearly marked.
A chaplain is either on duty or on call 24 hours a day. Dial 0 and ask the operator for the chaplain, or ask your nurse to contact the chaplain.
Visiting Hours and Regulations
General Medical/Surgical Units:
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Two visitors per patient at one time