Patient Advisory Council
Partnering with our patients for health care excellence
Patients who have recently been treated at our MedWest facilities provide valuable feedback and innovative ideas that help us improve service, care and safety.
MedWest's Patient Advisory Council (PAC) consists of patients from all MedWest facilities combined with health care providers and staff to form a collaborative team to discuss, analyze, and improve the patient experience across the organization.
Patients are encouraged to apply for council memberships which require a modest time commitment on a monthly basis.
Patient Advisory Council Eligibility
- Patients must be at least 18 years old (or a parent of a minor) treated at a MedWest facility in the last three months
- An application and interview process must be completed before joining the council
- Representatives from all MedWest campuses will be included in the Patient Advisory Council
What are the patient membership responsibilities and commitments?
- Members are required to attend training regarding the Patient Advisory Council
- Member must attend scheduled monthly meetings to discuss and problem-solve issues
- Members must be able to maintain appropriate and confidential handling of personal information in council meetings and outside of the council meetings
- Members must be able to listen to differing opinions and accept different points of view
- Members must work productively and collaboratively with council members whose background, experience and style may be different than their own
- Members must be supportive of the project’s mission
- Members must be comfortable speaking candidly in a group and provide constructive feedback about their experiences
- Able to reflect on issues and priorities that are different than their own
- Members are committed to those whom they represent
- Members must reach out broadly and listen to other patients, families, health care providers, and community members
- Members must be committed to improve health care for all patients and family members